April 6, 2010

Bus stop encounter with joy

I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for my blessed little bus to come by and take me home from school. As I was there, waiting with my mp3 on shuffle mode, it came to an audio of quotes on Joy I had put in there this morning. It was complete with beautiful soft music and I left it on. -I'm so glad I did!
While waiting there it was like splashes of bright colors were filling the somewhat drab parts of my world. Reminding me to live. To not let hurt dreams stop me, to not let something not turning out as I wanted to, steal my joy. Joy I could have! -No matter what.
And I wanted it, quite badly.
It was beautiful to listen to the messages from Jesus contained in that audio. I felt so at peace, surrounded by His arms of love, opening my eyes to beauty, the beauty He has placed around me. But there was one quote in particular that made me jump, my heart skip a lil beat and my eyes widen in realization. I also gulped.
Here it is:
Remember that you only have one chance for this Earth life.
This is "it", so enjoy it while it lasts.
Enjoy your life for Me while you are here.
Enjoy the company of those you live and work with,
or the people you fellowship with,
because it won’t last forever.
Enjoy your present circumstances,
because this is the only time you’ll be here like this, in this place, with these loved ones.
Enjoy time! Enjoy the moment, because in a moment this present moment will be past.


You are free to enjoy the time you have right now. If you don’t enjoy it right now, you really don’t get another chance. You can reminisce about good times or regret bad times. You can remember with fondness how you did enjoy the moment, or lament that you didn’t. But the only actual time you can enjoy the moment is right now, at the moment. So seize the moment! Seize the day! Seize the joy.
-Jesus


And later on that day I met a new family who had just moved in, somewhere along the outskirts of the city.
The way there was lined with tall, stately trees; there were rays of sun shining through my window.
I got to see two beautiful families I hadn't seen in months, met two extremely adorable Asian little girls and enjoyed every bit of their chubby hands and squeaky voices. We even sang "Twinkle, twinkle little star" on the way back to their home from a nearby lake. I enjoyed every smile, every hug and the ripple effect in the lake waters as the girls threw rocks at it. And I saw Ashley with her light, long brown hair, big eyes and shy nature. Not to mention little Sarah staring out into the distance while holding on tight to her moma. It was so nice to see them! With the extra plus of being out in nature.
We were squished together on the way back to our place and we had to spend some time waiting for our driver and dear friend to finish some business before taking us home. But all five of us -in my small little family- had a good, hearty laugh while waiting in the car. I swear I don't remember what it was about, my mom was just in a foolish mood. God help us:P It was a grand afternoon, and a grand day as a whole, thanks to Jesus, thanks to Joy.
Did I mention we ate some delicious pizza thingies? And I tried goat cheese! It was good, no worries. I just don't recommend you eat it in great portions -grins-, it's also quite salty.

5 comments:

MJ said...

aww steph I just love how you find such joy in little things...:) I should follow my mommy's example and learn to enjoy the simple things cuz they sure do make me happy..but I always forget to enjoy it to the full and be thankful for it. Thanks for the little 'nudge',a 'reminder' *wink*

Alice J. said...

Sigh.... yes, sometimes I forget to enjoy the nicest moments and later regret how i ruined them, but TYJ we will enjoy! :) thanks for this sigh, man great reminder! Love you!!

Kwan said...

Oh I love real life stories!stuff that actually happened (while I was sleeping,ahah!!)you encouraged me to encourage others about this topic I find joy in little things often,but its better to get others to do it too right?this is the first time someone encouraged me! (even though it wasn't directly for me) thanks a lot Stephanie! we need more people like you!

Stephanie said...

And like you Kwan! Thank you Jesus, I love you guys :-* you truly make this world a better place...

Stephanie said...

I love you :)

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream