March 18, 2010

More mistakes

Most of us hate mistakes -wholeheartedly! The thought of being wrong, of blowing it again.
Yet I was remembering, while I sat on a green sofa with all intentions to study for my coming Philosophy test, how many people who have lived life fully become pretty carefree. There was a man who once said: "If I could live again, I'd try to make more mistakes (Here you have my wide eyes). I'd relax more. I'd climb more mountains. Swim across more rivers. Pick more daisies. I'd suffer more real problems and less imaginary ones."
I realize I am afraid of making mistakes, the big ones that you can't fix. Or the little stupid ones that mess up things and ruin them. Then I think, "thank God that my decisions or bad decisions at that, don't affect so many others; thank God that I don't have big responsibilities hinging on the outcome of those. It'd be very different if I had kids to look after for instance..."
I feel it's safer to make mistakes now, because I don't have heavy responsibilities. But I think I'll spend all of my life learning that mistakes are good for me, cause if not, how would you have me learn?
The man's name was Don Herold, and he wanted to make more mistakes.
I guess he wanted to learn more -from them.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

sigh so true so true. Mistakes are what makes us us. What forms our lives. Although I can't say I don't regret some of them, but I can say they've all helped me. Steph this was precious. thanks for posting.
YOU WILL GET A HUGE HUG WHEN I SEE you.. :)

Kwan said...

Me and mistakes seam to go hand in hand,i've always looked forward to them I never,regretted any,Me and Don Herald would go quite well together,this post has just given me the fuel to take each mistake with more zeal, love you Stephanie.

Alice J. said...

tee-hee so true... man mistakes, mistakes...i usually dread them... which is why i dread having choices which leads to making decisions and i'm sooo afraid of making the wrong decisions... sigh tyj right? i should really learn to enjoy those too... :P I love you Steph :)

Anonymous said...

Wow..you made my day..even tho it finishing :D.. Love Ya!!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream