January 31, 2009

Quick "I can´t" in the ass

"We cannot blame our failure to live our dreams on a lack of
time. We must learn to make the time in our days to live
those dreams."

I´m quite fond of quotes and I thought this one to be of utmost value, (ahem) especially in my life.
My blog has quite the dreamy title theme, but in reality it is all to keep in mind what I should be doing and not wasting effort in vain pursuits. One of my dreams -of the type you tend to wish would just fall on your lap as a gift from the heavens- is to play the guitar. To get there I have to learn, and let´s say I´m close to...zero.
I´ve attempted to learn such a skill and art, but I´m so clumsy and slow with my fingers that I nearly feel as if playing any song is beyond me. I can get over that, I tell myself, just gotta practice. So that leaves me with my ongoing excuse: time.
Shove that quote in my face!
I´m sure that if I make a commitment to give it a serious try, I´ll be able to play a song by my next birthday. That´s the long term goal. The first goal is to have my dad give me the first lesson tomorrow! -even if I just do it for half an hour. Lord help me. I hate you Lethargy! It´ll be such fun to shove that same quote in your face till you choke.
Now I am accountable with the readers and Internet surfers that cross this lil dot in the vast expanse of the oceanic web, I hope it´s a worthwhile dot at that.
By the way I was real happy for Danny, an ol´friend of mine who has finally put a band together. He´s the drummer, if you were wondering and well, even though I failed to show any enthusiasm when he told me -I was being a selfish wreck, thinking about God-knows what- I´ll keep him in mind concerning my drive to learn to play the guitar, just for the fact that he has held on to such a dream and done something about it!
I owe an apology to my 7th grade friends that never stopped talking about making a band, while I laughed at them. By now they´ve sent me the pictures of their first performance at their school.

"Victory belongs to the most persevering."
-Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream