January 27, 2009

I wish


I wish I had wings to fly away,
instead I have two legs that make me take one step at a time.
I wish I had a machine that produces love gifts,
instead I have to make a constant effort to give.
I wish I knew the future,
instead I can only live the present.
I wish there were more courageous and selfless humans,
instead I have plenty of room to be a hero.
I wish there were an eternal summer,
instead I must keep changing with the times.
I wish the wasn't uncertainty, worry and doubt,
instead I must learn to overcome them.
I wish there wasn't any middle ground,
instead I have to position myself and fight out of conviction.
I wish there was a smooth highway,
instead a rocky climb awaits me.
In the end all I really wish for is a heart that keeps beating
till my time comes to give this old world an eternal farewell.


0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream