January 3, 2009

Janitzio

A week ago, more like, right after Christmas day, my mom woke us up with a brilliant smile, proclaiming that we were gonna have a great time in Janitzio. Where in the world is that? Was my sleepy thought. I had stayed awake till quite late the night before thinking I had plenty of time to catch up on some beautiful sleep in the morning. My desire was shattered to pieces. Oh well, I guess I have to get up.
Here are some pics we took of our family excursion.



Janitzio is a little island that takes part in the scenery of the lake Patzcuaro - in Michoacan.
History books from the region claim that the waters in this lake were once beautiful and clear. Now, thanks to man´s contributions it no longer has the fun and mystical air it once had.
Thankfully there aren´t any unpleasant odors :P

Adrian and Kerenina in the boat that would take us to the tiny island.


Fishermen that keep holding on to their traditional art of catching the tini-tiniest fishes that swim around.

A heaven of hand-made trinkets


My mom

Traditional dolls.
I beg you to take no notice of the shadow nor the fly that thought the doll´s head was a splendid place to lay on.


Reflection

My dear dad was very tired, but dear he is.

It´s smiling right at you!

This is an old Mexican cuisine artifact which is still used sometimes in the makings of hot chocolate drinks -delicious!

cute stuff

The trail to follow was subtly going upwards, so by the time we got back in the car, Adrian and I fell asleep. Thank you darling Jesus for the very desired time to dream -with my eyelids closed!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream