January 5, 2009

Silvery assurance

There´s always times when I don´t feel like doing anything, when I think I´d be better if I were invisible, when being sad and grumpy is almost inevitable. I honestly hate those times, but they come anyway.
To help me I hope for a fun person, a hot chocolate drink, an extremely good book, a box full of photos that were never taken, of all those dear moments that I cherish; I hope for a voice to be given to my little blue fish, I hope for a sparkling, sincere smile in a loved face, I hope for a chance to dance in the rain, I hope for so many things, and yet none of these things are tried and proven.
I guess that´s why I´m supposed to learn and keep remembering throughout life that happiness is a state of mind and not a set of circumstances.
Today what helped me, wasn´t a fantastic friend that happened to drop by. It was the sight of the brilliant, silvery moon -as simple as that. It seemed to be a sweet song of hope and what is more, a sign of utmost love.
I read once that the moon seemed to be a sad face in mourning at the sight of horrible things down below. I refuse to make that statement my own. I know there´s enough suffering , pain and terror in this world to make that very possible.
I might be in a grumpy mood, with no happy thought crossing my head, with a heap of problems on my lap, while near or far things are seriously wrong, CNN gives us only glimpses. But I still believe the moon is a kiss sent by the One who loves me the most. I believe it´s a glistening promise from God, that He cares, even when no one else does.
But then again that´s only me.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream