June 24, 2010

Looking back

I was thinking back on last year trying to remember what June 2009 was like. I couldn't remember much, but my negative memories had prominence over the positive ones. It made me feel bad because I know good things took place, probably great ones, I just couldn't remember. I know I had happy days along with the struggles.
The thing is, I think we have months or times in our lives when nothing really outstanding happens; but there is the daily grind of forging ahead, feeling hit by waves of emotions, trying not to drown, and somehow in it all, enjoy the ride. There's all the falls, and when one looks back on it, it's not a happy memory.
But I need to change my perspective, because it's cause of those times that I'm here today, and I know I'm better for it. I'm stronger and better able to face that challenges of today.
And about the strong, flying, firing, draining emotions, I've learned it is possible to have a hand on them.
It's possible to be at peace in the midst of the storm, it's possible to get up after every fall...and be happy while at it. All that is needed is to look up.
Jesus is the best psychologist, and He can tell you what to do. He beats the best, best friend -and believe me cause I've got a great one!- He knows just what to do, and has all the power in the universe to make things right again. He just needs our trust, and as we give him time, walk ahead holding his hand, He does all that and more.
He's seriously pro at that, making things right.
I don't know how to handle life, but He does, and that's enough. Like the writer Anne Rice said, "if He knows everything, I don't need to know everything".


"There was the sense, profound and wordless, that if He knew everything I did not have to know everything, and that, in seeking to know everything, I’d been, all of my life, missing the entire point."

1 comments:

kat said...

so true...
Please keep me in your prayers because im really roughing it now..
I love you and thanks so much for posting all of these, they're all great and just what i need when i read them!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream