February 28, 2010

Beautiful Afternoon





Oh, it’s just the little, homey things,
The unobtrusive, friendly things,
The won’t-you-let-me-help-you things
That make the pathway light.

And it’s just the jolly, joking things,
The laugh-with-me-it’s-funny things,
The never-mind-the-trouble things
That make our world seem bright.

For all the countless, famous things,
The wondrous, record-breaking things,
Those never-can-be-equaled things
That all the papers cite,

Can’t match the little, human things,
The just-because-I-like-you things,
Those oh-it’s-simply-nothing things,
That make us happy, quite.

So here’s to all the little things,
The everyday-encountered things,
The smile-and-face-your-trouble things,
“Trust God to put it right,”

The done-and-then-forgotten things,
The can’t-you-see-I-love-you! things,
The hearty I-am-with-you! things
That make life worth the fight.
—Grace Haines


6 comments:

Alice J. said...

AWW Many Sandy and You are sooo gorgeous!! and you loks so happy and bright! Gahh I shoulda been there :P:P Love you!! the poem expresses all the pictures quite well :)

Windy said...

Oooh! I love these pictures! Especially the one where you are laughing and lying on the ground. You should send it to Activated, seriously! DO IT!
I{m 99.9% sure they'll publish it!

Sandy said...

Yeah it does! I loved the poem! and Estie! YOU REALLY SHOULD SHOULD have been here. It was a pity you couldn't stay longer when you came. And steph, that was such a sweeters poem! at first I thought you wrote,as its such a stephy thing to say. LOVE YOU!

MJ said...

Gosh WIndy...have the same taste? I LOVE that one where she's lying on the ground laughing! My cute,beautiful,HOT mother..sigh STEPH! GO ONLINE! I MUST AND NEED AND WANT TO TALK TO YOU A.S.A.P.!! MUAHS TO YOU BOTH HOTTIES!

Rosie said...

beeeeeauuuutifulllllll!

Rosie said...

You're gorgeous girl!! Both of you..!Love ya tons..

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream