February 1, 2010

What's there when nothing else is?





There's a part in the "August Rush" movie that made my eyes widen, my heart skip a lil beat and an expression of realization wash over my face.
Lois was talking to Evan, the little boy, and told him: "Never leave your music, never forsake it. Because when there's no one and nothing else, your music will be there, a safe refugee where you can go to and find strength to live on again. I learned that the hard way."
To me, the one thing that has been my refugee time and again, in the worst moments I've gone through, as well as the good, has been Jesus.
Seeing it this way, no one would ever dream of abandoning the one thing that will be there for them when nothing else can.
For those of us who want to keep our sanity, our wholeness, our living life, Jesus is not just the only thing that can keep us together come what may, but also the only thing that will be there when all else deserts us...how could we ever think of deserting Him..?! -He lives to give us His all.

4 comments:

Alice J. said...

Wow... stephie, I know just exactly what you mean. And I love it that even when you stray away from him for a while, a day, a week, a month, you can always come back, and he'll keep loving you, and not only the same but more.

Windy said...

Exactly, you just know He will always be there to hold you. It really is such an awesome feeling knowing you have a safe harbor to lay your head to rest when your life is full of problems and situations.
Keep at it! This blog is amazing!

Kwan said...

well one has to stray to know the feeling of being left alone, i'm really impressed by your connection with Jesus your one of the few with the deep connection,I love you Stephie,your one of the best!

Kwan said...

And speaking from a musician point of view i see music a great comfort and is always there for me!!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream