May 13, 2010

But I AM happy

Something that needed reposting:
Wait, yes I did steal this. I stole it because it's the feeling I've been trying to get a hold of, I've had it and I want to retain it. Sometimes all I want is to have my eyes open enough to see... that my life is beautiful..
Because life is full of beautiful things, it is..even tho the sky isn't always shades of pink. She explains it so perfectly, refers to her own life, reflects and encompasses it. She wrote:

"There are stages in life that seem to go on forever--times when we're not at the top of our game, we're not succeeding like we want to, we're not happy.
And I thought hey, this is one of those stages...I'm depressed because i left everything i love in Mexico and also cause i miss my mommy and my daddy, and maybe because i don't feel like i can be a good teacher, I'm not working out like i used to, and really after all, this is just a thing I'm going through, give it another couple months and I'll be over this stage...
but you know what? This is not a 'stage', this is my life that I'm wasting being miserable about something I should have given up when there was still time to make a new life, something that stopped being a long time ago.Of course you don't wake up one day and decide to 'be over' love or 'not miss people'...of course not. It doesn't work that way.
But I am happy.
I love Africa, I love teaching, I love my housemates, I love the work, and I love my life right now!
I keep thinking I'm going through a rough stage and that validates being miserable about pathetic things, but it most certainly does not. All I have to do is wake up every morning and know in my heart that yes, I AM happy.
And at the end of the day, the Lord never changed at all...he's still the guy that held my hand through every pain, every loss, every sickening feeling of worthlessness, every heartbreak, every storm. He didn't give up on my life, so why should I? He still thinks I'm beautiful and worthy of his love. There's nothing in the world I can do to make him not love me, and at the end of life the only thing that'll matter is what I did for Him. When you put things in that kind of perspective, little details like the place you live in and the people you work with, the fact that you do or don't have things you want seem like trivialities. Every single day I am alive is a gift.
Even though life isn't perfect, it's absolutely beautiful."

3 comments:

Ricky said...

beautiful! it makes a lot of sense :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how this feels... and its so nicely put. i would steal it too.

Natalia said...

OMG...u know Kathy??? I Mean I don't know her, but i met her a few times in Romania....hehe. Btw i like the post :)
luv u

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream