December 28, 2009

On Christmas Eve

We had a beautiful Christmas Eve.

Spent in Monterrey, with old friends around and new ones too.



Josiah and Linda's family opened their home to us, as they always do. And Gabriel and Ruth's doors were open too, for the Christmas dinner to be held.

Super yummy! Man, I forgot to thank the cooks!
We had different pastas with mushrooms, shrimps, cheese, chicken and other yumminess; some great juicy meet, salads, drinks, cakes. I felt quite spoiled -toothy grin-


The table lit with candles, gave this lovely Christmas feeling...but there was nothing like having everybody together, singing a few Christmas carols, with little Milly guiding us to sing "What can I give Him?" -the cutest-

Stephy -my long life friend of friends- put together all kinds of music for us to dance. The adults were the leaders, going back into the seventies, moving their feet to merengue and salsa, dancing like no one is watching. Great fun.

And the stars shone bright I swear.

Haha! I forgot to mention how we sang "Las MaƱanitas" to Jesus when everyone got tired of dancing, and we passed on hugs! Big Christmas hugs -grins-

Gifts were an event as well. I loved mine -grins again-
Thanks Steph, mom and dad, Adrian and all the people who made this Christmas season special. With their presence, love despite the distance and smiles n hugs shared, thank you dear loves!


Here's a poem that Milly -Gabriel and Ruth's 7 year old daughter- wrote, describing a child's feelings at Christmas till she found Jesus, the meaning of it all, whose birthday we celebrate. Now if you know this kid and what her family has been through you know how this means a lot more.

(Non edited)
Why is there things that just go away
when they are actually meant to stay?
Why does my heart feel so empty when I have every kids' dream?
Is there actually something I don't have this Christmas?
Why is it that I feel so empty and sad?
Every Christmas I checked my list twice.
Every Christmas I felt so lonely,
until someone told me
that there's more to Christmas:
not just Santa and the toys he brings.
It's about love joy, love and the carols we sing.
It's not about what we get,
it's about what we give.
It's what us, good people live.
So that Christmas I was told a very good lesson,
and lots of people questioned me why did I feel so happy.
So I told them about the Person
that just told me the greatest lesson I've ever seen
and I told them my destiny,
so that they would do right,
so that we could live eternally,
forever.

Merry Christmas! -Now and everyday!

4 comments:

Natalia said...

you look so cute on the pic by the tree.....one day i will spend christmas with u:*

Kwan said...

Hey Stephie!! i knew about your blog for some time now but i wanted to tell you first before starting to comment (you so i doesn't feel like i'm being the detective again) but i never caught you on for a long time so i just couldn't wait to start commenting so..... here i am (i guess) so yeah i'll be commenting from now on (hope you don't mind!)btw thats the perfect ending for a new beginning alright!! your house feels so Cristmasy!! our (Thai house) just can't do the season justice but we had the it best in our hearts thats the real meaning right?Anyway great post i'll try and catch n your other stuff too,your really good!! byes!!!

Stephanie said...

Aw thanks Kwan! but nooo noo, I love it when ppl comment! Go ahead and comment all you want. Its just that my blog doesn't look very comment-welcoming since you have to click on the post and all but yah. Glad you had that Cwismas touch in your heart! *sends a tight hug*

Kwan said...

Hey yeah great it not too much trouble really, there's so much to comment on!! anyway i have news for you if you go to the Echo site there's this video called "Echo memories"something like that down load it and watch!it even has a photo of you and Sandy and your sister Nina,and i think your bro too Adrian.too bad they didn't get one of me haha!!! well Thailand has some just none of me,you might recognise more people anywaqy go check it out unless you already did.hugs and kisses!!

P.S we need to talk about the Anne books sometime!!!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream