October 15, 2009

The sweetest things


1. While out in a "free hugging" spree, I hugged a mother with her huge belly and the kid to her side. Then came running a cute little girl, with flying light brown hair, a flowing white dress, with her arms outstretched, while the pigeons around her flew away. She put her arms around my neck and gave me one of the most beautiful and feeling hugs. She hugged me so sincerely, sweetly and tightly. Pouring love through smiles was all I could do next.
2. A package arrived at our house, full of business materials, and among them was a simple note addressed to our family, encouraging and funny, the type that tells you you're loved, when you least expect it.
3. A new lovely friend prayed for me so that I could make a certain trip, but for that we needed any of the available vans to be fixed. She prayed and though I didn't get to make that trip, our van finally got fixed! That van that had been giving us so much trouble of late.
4. Two people that I hardly know, stood up for me.
5. Ayleen and Benny (ages 2 and 4) came running out the door to greet me, with huge smiles, squeals and crying "Faaaannny!" Ayleen gave me kisses with whatever it was she had been eating. And before I could stoop down, Benny had already put his arms around my waist in sheer joy.
6. A guy in an ice cream store gave me the most delicious ice cream saying, "I'm giving you one, so that it'll taste better".
Things given away do taste better.

Things that make your heart glad, things that aren't expected, things that are given to you and you don't deserve them, given without expecting anything in return, and given gladly and freely. Things that warm you and make you feel loved, even if it's thanks to a perfect stranger. Things that make you laugh, kindness that you'll remember forever.
It's so easy to remember the bad, the way people hurt you, the saddness, and the disappointments. But the good is still there. The true sweetness, the simple love, the beauty in life as it is. I love that! Who doesn't? We just have to look carefully, soak it all up...and give it away. We have so much to give.


0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream