October 31, 2009

Birthday thoughts

It's been a month now since my birthday and 3 extremely important birthdays have passed by as well.
I'm very thankful for all the sweet people that made my 16th birthday wonderful in some way, I Love You all!
Sandy, mom, dad and siblings, William,
Meggy, Mikey, Sam D, Daniel the Panamanian, Esther, Teresa, Clara (and the wonder black and green bracelet she made me), Jesse, Lene, Benny, Rafael, Tania, Aurea, Priscila, Andrés, Beto, Tess, Kate n Kev, Ana my auntie, Rossana, Inés, Edit, Windy, Steph, Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, Lily, Sam my bro :P, Johnny Brown, grandmas, even strangers, and Jesus! As well as the dear ppl from the homes around here who put up balloons, made a cake, a great dinner for us all to enjoy and gave some gifts working toward buying my laptop -smiles-
You keep making me feel special n loved, on the most random days too! Thank you for being such loves!

I don't mean to give a recount of all the reasons the following people are so special, but they are! -and here's a sneak peek.


Uncle Solomon

French-Canadian uncle. You gotta love the french! Born the 1st of October of some wonderful year around the middle of the last century and I still tend to forget that people like him have seen so much and been through so many things. You can see wisdom and tranquility in his eyes, and at times a boyish twinkle is there. Yes, I really like uncle Solomon's eyes. And I admire him too. All in all he's an angel. Sandy -his daughter- said that the other day and I believe it.
Praise God for awesome dads with their quirks and funnies, and how they manage to keep a home running smoothly! Praise God for their unconditional love! And for all the running they do each day to have us happy n healthy. At times we seriously don't deserve it.


*

My mom -Topacio
Born the 10th of October, probably with the biggest smile, happy to be alive!
My mom is just the coolest one. She's the best for me.
She fills her role as a mother perfectly, she even goes to the length of caring for hurt birds or hungry pets when she actually dislikes animals. Not to mention all the people she adopts when they're in need. Whether it be a prayer, a listening ear, a word of encouragement or counsel, or an embrace, it hardly matters who it is.
People miss her for her smile and outrageous laughter.
She does things with such efficiency, I wish these things were hereditary :P, but her joy for living is catchy!
I don't know what I'd do without her. Probably have a nervous breakdown at the age of 16.
Thank God for moms who care for you and prepare you in all ways they can for what we may encounter, putting love in our hearts! Sigh of love


*

Sandy

Born the 13th of October of 1994, and since then lots and lots of people's days have been brightened and made richer...not to mention more interesting, haha! (wink). I can't compare my best friend to anyone in the world, and it doesn't matter if -by some funny and largely strange reason- I have the world for a friend, nothing will change the fact that she is amazing!
The truth is:
I love you dear, your friendship means the world to me.
You add color and laughter to my life. You make me smile at my worst times, and its like you're telling me, "keep that smile on your face stephy", and there are countless reasons to do that too. You teach me so much just by being your lovely, simple self. You help me believe in myself.
I love brainstorming with you, getting excited, enjoying life, looking out for the other, picking up, sharing our hearts, laughing, hugging and praying.
You're beautiful, trusting, fun, selfless, funny, crazy, with wild ideas, inner strength, sweet, sharing, honest, lovable, ready, squishy, practical, dreamy, you may forget some things (including faults and wrongs and stupidity on my side that hurts you, not only that you're supposed to cover the chicken with a particular cloth), though never the most important ones (You never forget to love -wink-). You're courageous, approachable, easy to talk to.
What would I do without a craziness partner?





1 comments:

Windy said...

I love you! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream