August 17, 2009

The rain

I stood at the edge of the cliff with the rain pouring down on me. I looked out at the violent waves. In the safe piece of land I'm on, the flowers are shaken and bent. My precious flowers, that I care so much for, they're being destroyed. And my thin trees are swayed in dismay by the wind's currents.
This rain only makes me want to cry. How will this place of mine end after the storm?
I blinked into the sea's horizon with tears and rain streaming down my face.
Then I see. And it made my heart stop.
The rain, heavy and careless was shaping the features of the only one I can ever trust fully and completely.
I could see the shape of His face, the silhouette of his body. I couldn't understand how, but the rain is Him.
His hands formed by rain reached out to me, they brushed my cheeks and I heard: "It washes away those tears".
Then nothing could make more sense. He was with me. He was in control of everything.
I know Him, He isn't careless, insensitive, cruel or mocking. All His dreams I want to make mine, they're worth fighting toward and attaining. And He cares about mine, He takes them into consideration when He does anything. He makes sure I'm as happy as I can be, that I learn and grow and get stronger. Whatever happens, He has the best for me.
And the rain just shows how deep and all-encompasing His love really is.



0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream