August 13, 2013

Oh, how I long to feel accomplished!

Oh, how I long to feel accomplished! The question is where.
There are times when I look at other's lives and I say "Theirs is so full of achievement, going and doing and accomplishing." And I can't help but think that if they're doing so much then what do I have to show for it. "On top of it all, they get excelent grades in school."
What do I have to show for my life? It isn't a hectic schedule. Sometimes I feel it is, but not until I see all the extracurricular activities people in my school do. Why do I feel inferior? I'm happy with what I've chosen. I rather put my heart into my studies so that I make the most of the time I have to learn (which is amazing!). I've chosen to grow in my walk with Jesus more intentionally, and spend time with my family, who I won't be living close to forever. On top of it, I know Jesus is helping me to grow in helping others. And if I'm too busy building a CV at the cost of these things, then what do I want the "accomplished life" for?
The earthly standards to judge a life are as important as dust, cause that's what we are and where we will go. Yet living for Jesus and caring for what God cares about...that lasts forever.
And in Heaven, God won't ask me how well did the world think I did, during any period of my life. He'll see how much love I gave, how much I obeyed Him, how much I lived to bring Him glory and not myself.
I may want to feel very accomplished here on Earth, yet I gotta choose... between being accomplished here or in Heaven.
Frankly, I believe Heaven is a far better option.
"Wise choice," says the still small voice.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

You're awesome Steph, I always feel encouraged when I read your blog.

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream