August 13, 2013

His house

I'm so excited about a treasure I found right after writing the post below, "Oh, how I long to feel accomplished!" Check it out, it's 2 Corinthians 5:1
"For we know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens."
It makes me think of the reality of earthly things vanishing away. All worldly things will lose their value, will be destroyed. And what if the house I devote my life to build is made with such materials, the kind that are dissolved? It's meaningless, like the Wise one from Ecclesiastes cries out.
And I love the verse before that one.
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18 I think that sums it up.
But I can't help but go back to the first verse I quoted. The house, it's a building from God, not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens.
Yes, isn't it all a work of His grace? We'll get to Heaven not cause we deserve it, but because Jesus paid for it. God will reward all we did for Him, yet isn't it He who "works in us to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose?" Philippians 2:13 And yet we get to call His House, Home. What's a greater thrill than that?

"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Pslams 23:6

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream