January 7, 2013

The list


I held a list of things to do for Jesus and was so excited because I knew they'd make Him very happy! Only one day passed by and I had added more things to the list, "there's WORLDS of things to do for Him!" Another day passed by, and more were added.  Soon ... I dreaded the list. 
I wanted to do what was in it, with all my heart. But it was just so long that even starting was disheartening. "One at a time" I'd tell myself but, "What is one thing in an infinite list? How can that make a difference?" I retorted. "I'll do it anyway. It's for Him" 
Then He caught me in my busy thinking, planning, wondering how on Earth I'll be able to do even a few of those things on top of everything else.
"Oh, hi", my words seemed awkward. He was bold, confident, the God-Man I love...and so tender. He told me that living for Him is not about how much I can do for Him but about being with Him. He silenced my heart.
I pray that these words in His mouth keep changing me, my thinking, my actions so that in the end I know that I fought, not to do everything I wanted to do, but just that One thing. The one that's needful (Luke 10:42).


2 comments:

Sandy said...

You're amazing Steph!

Windy said...

Wow! So hit the nail on the head! I love it!

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream