March 17, 2014

The embodiment of love

What is it that I love the best about you?
There's no way I can pick.
All of you makes my heart tick.
The more I think about you, 
the more I realize I can't live with pieces of you.
I want all of you! I need all of you!

I dreamed of your eyes in your smile,
Total acceptance and love I see.
And how I love to see that you love me.
There I can, in those eyes 
that hold my gaze
and leave me amazed at a love so great.

How could I love without your lips?
The richness of love pours out from them!
Your tingling kisses, 
your words of desire I can hardly believe,
and the torrent of sweetness and power
you have in your lips.

I want all of you! I need all of you!
From head to toe.
Your feet, they're wondrous.
They walk on water 
and invite me to follow.
Your footprints I need. Thanks for your feet!

Oh, your hands! They assure, caress, hold.
They lift me up, protect, remind
that you know what it is to be human
and you payed the price 
for me to be forever with you. 

In all of your glory, 
your reign of the universe 
and lordship over all things
You make yourself my prize.
How small I am! Insignificant better said.
Yet so greatly loved by Love Himself.

Who knows how to count your mercies? 
Who knows how to sing you praise?
Who knows how to worship you as you deserve?
Not any human, not any angel.
But we try anyway, because aghast you leave us, God.
Aghast at your love.

And your hair, it blows with the wind.
It smells like freedom! And when you're with me, 
you leave your aroma with me.
It's so human and divine at the same time.
Thank you for being, fully human, fully God.
I cannot comprehend all that it's done for me.

Jesus, I love your arms. Strong, large, cozy.
You guard and protect me.
And your hugs are the best thing.
If I should remember anything 
every day that I live, is that 
I live by your hugs and live for your smile!

Thank you for your legs. Your lap is perfect.
Thank you for your shoulders. They're a dream!
Thank you for your chest. It's what I need.
Thank you for your nose that snuggles me.
Thank you for your ears that listen to me.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for each part of you!


0 comments:

 
Copyright © Carving a living dream